Wednesday, February 04, 2009

awww Man!

I ran to walmart today on my lunch break. I had to grab sevy some school supplies :-)
I also grabbed a box of our current favorite cereal, kashi GoLean Crunch Honey,Almond and Flax seed. I took my items to the cashier and she goes to ring my cereal up and says "oh I'm sorry, I can't let you buy this!" me: "excuse me?" cashier: "yeah, they have a recall on it, we're pulling them from the shelves now! That and a cranberry granola Kashi bar!" Me: "what, really whats wrong w/ them?" Cashier: "don't know...just got the letter to pull em' "
Just great, not only do I love that cereal...I've gotten into this little habit of pouring it in my morning yogurt for breakfast....but NOW its been recalled and who knows when or if they will bring it back!! :-( NOT to mention, I JUST polished off the rest of our last box this morning! YIKES!!!
It's crazy the way we are now having to worry about the foods we eat! I guess we're going to have to go back to when everybody raises their own meats and grows their own veggies!! Whats next the recall of peanut butter?? oh wait.....

4 comments:

The Dales said...

Yep, very scary! Its even worse with a toddler eating everything in sight and not being sure its ok for him to eat! We are lucky nothing we LOVE has been recalled...YET!

Love and miss you both! Come home again sometime and I'll take you too our house!!!!

Autumn said...

If I have to raise my own meat I will be a vegetarian for sure...that's the only way that would happen! There is no way I'm going to be stringing up a chicken and then boiling it to get the feathers off! Just don't see it happening...actually I'm not much of a gardener either...guess I'll starve LOL!

Meredith said...

Ummmmm, so I have eaten the cranberry granola bars for the past 4 days. And I have that exact cereal at home. MAN!

Mrs. Mullen said...

YIKES mer...you got the double wammy from kashi :( Well, if it makes you feel any better I ran to publix friday after work and they still had all of the kashi items on the shelf...sooooo maybe walmart was just being over cautious?! I still refrained from grabbing a box though.