Thursday, February 19, 2009

and it was good...

The spinach stuffed manicotti baked pasta was GOOD!! I made a big batch and then separated it into two small dishes. I froze one and we baked one last night...and we LOVED it! YUM!!

Tonight we're having grilled chicken salads. Publix had chicken tenders on sale....so I grabbed up a pack and we'll grill those tonight. I went ahead and chopped the lettuce ( I HATE bagged lettuce) and veggies. All I have to do is grill the chicken tonight and throw it on top of the already made salad! I'm trying to get the hang of getting stuff done before hand so cooking doesn't take up my whole night and I'll be more inclined to cook more!!

Plus, my coworker just shared a yummy BBQ crock pot recipe...we'll be trying that soon!!

I'm on a ROLL.....watch me go :-)

Now if I could just cook as fancy as moo...I'd be doing all right, haha!

4 comments:

The Dales said...

Can you give me the recipe for the manicotti? Thanks!

Mrs. Mullen said...

Sure :)
It was really easy! I kind of just used what I had and kinda followed a recipe...you can really do whatever you want with it...but basically:
mix 1 egg and one egg white with one package of shredded frozen spinach (I didnt use the creamed spinach, but you probably could), some ricotta cheese, some low-fat moz. cheese,some low-fat cottage cheese and some salt and pepper.

I can't really give any measurements b/c...I didnt measure anything. I just dumped what I had left in each carton of ricotta cheese and cottage cheese (probably over half a carton in each) and sprinkled a handful of moz. cheese in.

Then I took that mixture and stuffed cooked manicotti pasta shells. Then I placed the stuffed pasta in a dish and covered w/ a jar of pasta sauce (mine was like olive, garlic, onion sauce or something). Then top w/ a little more moz cheese and bake at 375* for about 30min...or really until the cheese on top looks good and melted...I think I had to bake mine that long b/c it stayed over night already prepared in the fridge.

Let me know if you try it and how your family likes it :)

Meredith said...

Oh, YUM!
Coincidence: We had spinach and ricotta stuffed shells last night (by keith)!
You sound like a fancy cook to me!

mom said...

You didn't learn to cook from me now did you? It does sound good and look good too.