Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Used Text Books

I was cleaning our garage out, last night, when I discovered that it is high time I FINALLY find a new home for all of my old used text books!! I have books from my first year in college!! I don't know WHY I kept these books. I don't know if I really thought "10 years from now I may want to know the anatomy of a hook worm, or I may want to know how to figure out what xyz X yz(10) xy / 52 yyz - zy > 3 xyz + 4(10)zyx= is!!"....really?? I don't think so! It's time to give these old books up. However, when I go to just throw them away...it's funny, actually....but I can't help but see BIG $$$$ pop up and the sound of "cha ching, cha ching...flush". **sigh** They served a purpose, I graduated college...I don't need them anymore.


SO....does anyone out there know what I can do with over 200 lbs of text books, lol?? Do library's take them? I hate to just throw them out...what to do what to do?? Thanks for any suggestions!!!!!

PS. The thought of a big fire, roasted marshmellows and hot chocolate, did cross my mind...but the thought of throwing a perfectly good book into a fire makes me cringe....plus, I'm pretty sure it would cause a few teachers out there to have a heart attack.

Now...I wonder when I'll get up the nerve to toss all of my 3-ring binders, stuffed full of hand written notes, out??!!??

7 comments:

The Dales said...

Why in the world didn't you sell them after you used them each semester???

Mrs. Mullen said...

lol, well the one that they would buy back, I did sell. However, I still have a ton that they wouldn't buy! **sigh** but I don't know what to do w/ them.

Mrs. Mullen said...

**ones...the ones that they would buy back. They bought back more than one, lol.

Meredith said...

If they wouldn't buy the books back, it's because they're not useful anymore (i.e. there's a new edition), which means you likely will have a hard time finding someone who wants them now. You could try calling the USC library and seeing if they take donations. I gave a bunch to Clemson's library.

Kelly Kathryn Gukanovich said...

you can definitely post them on amazon.com and sell them... All you do is find the book online, say you have that and sell it and list the condition. It's really easy!

Jackie said...

Or take them to the landfill like Mike and I did this past Saturday. BUT Mike's books were at least 35 years old....ha ha ha ha. Don't wait that long!

Autumn said...

LOL! I have a bunch too, but they are still at my parent's house. Guess I'll have to move them before they move!