Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A year ago today...

I was making my way to ATL to pick sev up for his 2week R&R.
Yup...it was Halloween night :) That night I attended a haunted house with my bro...I dont know why I let him talk me into those things!! I close my eyes and smush my face against his back while he leads the way....through the entire thing!! Yet I still let him convince me year after year to pay 10bucks to walk through the darn thing!! After that we headed back to my house and crashed, it was going to be an early morning drive to ATL :) I remember being soooo excited and nervous and scared and I felt like I was going to pop!! Sev was on his way home...and it would be the FIRST time he saw our house finished :)
Wow...time flys...that was a year ago!! During the deployment time seemed to Crawwwlllll....to dragggggg...to not want to turn from one day to the next!! Looking back it went rather quickly. While sev and I were out exploring the island the other day we were talking about how if he hadnt gotten stop lossed we would be out of the the Army by now. Then I started thinking. I'm a firm believer that everything that happens happens for a reason!!! EVERYTHING!! The good, bad AND ugly!! The deployment was hard. The first one was hard, the second one was harder. I can honestly say I'm a stronger person because of it. It was something I needed. To live alone for a period of time.

It is raining here. Trick or treating is going to be NASTY!!
We're not sure what we're going to do this evening. Today we're cleaning and getting ready for sevs parents!! They arrive Friday night around 8pm. Then we leave Sunday or Monday for Maui. So along with cleaning the house I've got to pack!! Sev and I are excited to go ziplining again, that was our favorite activity on Kauai so we talked his parents into doing it on Maui!! There is also a dinner cruise in the plans...along with (my fingers crossed) horseback riding!! yipeee...we're excited.

Oh and as for last weekend...sorry I forgot all about posting what sev ended up doing for me, lol. He took me to one of my favorite Italian place downtown...it was scrumptious!! He had then made plans to go and see a movie...but we ended up eating past the start of the movie, so we decided to go play at Dave n' Busters instead. It was fun and a nice evening all together.

Well...I guess I better get a head start on my daily projects while sev is still snoozing. I'm making flapjacks for his breakfast, yum.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

6 comments:

Haley said...

I am so glad y'all are doing so well! Have fun in Maui and take lots of pics for us to see!

Autumn said...

I am so jealous!! I wish I were somewhere tropical...I actually wish I was anywhere but here getting ready to have a root canal, but oh well. I hope you have a great time with his parents.

Keith said...

Have a great time, sweetie! I'm nuts about Maui! You'll love it! (This is your cuz, by the way. I'm just too lazy to sign out and sign back in.)

mom said...

I know Sev will enjoy seeing his parents after such a long time. I am excited for them all. Have a nice time in Maui and be safe. We love you both.
Mom

mom said...

Please send more pictures of yourself and Sevy as I am forgetting what you look like since I haven't seen you in such a loooooooong time.I am also growing older as I wait on you two to come home. Hurry up will you?!!!!!Hee Hee. I miss you both very much. Love, Mom

dad nail said...

HEY, I hope you guys have a great time. Take lots of pics. Wish I was there with you. Take Care...