Thursday, July 01, 2010

Just Some Things

Lately I have been eating the heck out of some.....yogurt....betcha' thought I was going to say ice cream, didn't you?! Well that too but I've also been consuming a lot of yogurt. Not just any yogurt but FAGE Total 2% greek yogurt, with honey. It is divine!
It seems that when it's hot out, I crave cold, quick, easy foods. That pretty much leaves me eating ice cream, Popsicles, yogurt, cereal and cold fruit.



I stopped by Publix on my way home from work yesterday, to grab some more yogurt, and saw some really yummy,fresh looking zucchini and squash. I picked out a few of each. When I got home I turned the oven on, sliced the veggies, tossed them into a pan, sprinkled them with a little salt and a little pepper and then covered them in Newman's Own salad dressing, the organic Italian flavor. I just let the veggies saute' a bit and then...oh my gosh...tried to stop myself from eating every single one of them before I had a chance to pile them on a plate and cool off!!! Sooooooooo good. I made an extra batch just for lunch today.



You may remember this story I posted about awhile back? You may have gotten a few giggles from that post, you may have felt sorry for me after reading the post, you may have thought "Bless her heart"! However, I highly doubt that ANYONE would have thought that it was something that would happen AGAIN in the Mullen household. I was one of those people too! I sure learned my lesson! I was still scrapping potato skins out from under random pieces of kitchen furniture weeks later! It was a lesson learned the hard way and as far as I was concerned I would never have the need to learn that lesson again!

However, my better half, well...bless him...I guess he needed one more reminder.

When I got home last night, Sev had cooked up a batch of sweet potato fries. He was so proud of himself. He sauntered to the door, right as I was coming in, handed me a fry, smiled and said "Taste this, taste this, I just made them!"...he was beaming.
After dinner I went to do laundry, clean the bathrooms, make the beds, mop the kitchen OKAY! I know my mom would see right through that one...I went to lay on the couch for a bit.
ANYWAYS...as I'm resting, Sev is in the kitchen and I over hear him say "..." well I won't write what he said, but it wasn't good. I looked up just in time to see him turn on the disposal. I watched bits of potato peels cover my dear husband. I watched my husband, in return, grab the top to one of my calphalon pots and use it as a shield. Then I watched my husband turn the disposal off, look up from the sink and shake his head at me. Then he went on to say "DO. NOT. SAY. A. WORD!".
Ya'll I didn't say a word!
I resumed my resting and listened from the living room as my husband battled the clogged sink. I wanted to mention that after I had posted about this incident last time, that I had received advice on how to handle the situation in the future, (AS IF I ever thought we would have this problem AGAIN in the future...) but every time I went to say "Honey....."...or "Honey, if you..." or "Wait a minute I know..."....I got the stink eye.
I kept my mouth shut.
I didn't go into the kitchen until later that night.
I surveyed my surroundings.
I saw no potato peels stuck to any kitchen appliances (though I did see a wire coat hanger that had been stretched out...that will remain a mystery).
I breathed a sigh of relief, turned the kitchen lights off and went to bed.
I think it's safe to say that NOW...Sev has learned his lesson....and that lesson, according to him, is....we will never eat potato's, in any form or fashion, again, in our house, as long as he lives.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the double good laugh today! It made my Thursday much better!

The Dales said...

BAHAHAHAHA! Y'all are CRAZY! I love it! Thanks for the laugh!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

My birthday is July 30... in 30 days I will be 27... ack! one year closer to 30. Our birthday's are very close :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Autumn said...

BAHAHAHAHA! Ok, I'm a little late in reading this, but it cracked me up! :)